Everything your businesses needs to make your technology work for you.
Our friendly, accessible team of IT experts is your go-to for all things IT; guidance on IT solutions, getting a new workstation set up, keeping your systems up-to-date, proactive monitoring, security processes, and more.
We aren’t just there when you need us and gone until the next time something breaks. We’re the team you rely on for 360-degree IT management and daily support.
We are more than just your IT provider, we are your partner, enhancing your business’s productivity with full-service managed IT solutions.
ENHANCE YOUR BUSINESS PRODUCTIVITY
Experiencing any of these challenges?
– Internal company resources overwhelmed with IT
– Unclear IT plans
– Inconsistent IT documentation
– Downtime while waiting for support
– Recurring issues even after receiving support
– Outgrown current IT provider
– Incomplete projects
– IT person leaving/left/no back up if they do leave
What is Full-Service Managed IT?
We take the guesswork out of IT and ﬁll all the gaps.
CIO Solutions Full-Service Managed IT is just that; full service. We help your business with everything from strategy, to implementation, to daily support. We become your IT department.
Rather than distracting valuable internal staff with daily IT management or entrusting a novice with your company’s IT security and planning, your business can have access to an entire team of experts.
BY TAKING A FULL-SERVICE, HOLISTIC APPROACH TO IT, YOUR BUSINESS WILL FINALLY BE ABLE TO LEVERAGE YOUR TECHNOLOGY AS THE ASSET IT WAS MEANT TO BE.
Consider Full-Service Managed IT
Often, small to medium-sized businesses will start off by trying to manage their IT with some common methods:
Internal IT Administrator (“Slash”)
Many small to medium-sized companies start off with a limited IT budget and few employees. Often, the IT management solution, in this case, will be to designate an internal resource with some technical know-how as the go-to “IT person”.
While this may work for a while and appear to be a cost-effective option, there are some signiﬁcant drawbacks as the company grows:
- Most often not a good use of that person’s time
- They could be doing more productive things for your business
- Not well-versed with new technologies
- Slow to resolve problems and doesn’t always address the root issue
- Divided focus makes big-picture planning challenging and inconsistent
- Documentation is typically limited (if they leave, you’re without a full picture of your IT)
Another option many small to medium-sized businesses might employ is to contract an individual IT consultant. Often, support requests are funneled through a company employee like an ofﬁce manager (usually for billing and tracking purposes).
While a consultant is often sufﬁciently qualiﬁed and may know your network intimately, your IT solutions are limited by only having this one resource:
- No team to rely on for experience and specialization (learning on the job)
- Needs to juggle multiple clients and tasks –your business may not be the consultant’s top priority
- Often neglects important, proactive areas of IT
- No coverage when away on vacation or sick
- Documentation is limited
- Your internal resource is spending valuable time tracking IT requests
Ready to enhance your business productivity?
Request a quote!