The Sr. System Project Engineer designs, implements and supports advanced Windows server, application, and network technologies. In addition, Sr. Project Engineers assist with project scope development and migrate data and server applications.
The role is ideal for fast-paced, detailed driven, eager to learn IT professionals with a focus on great customer service to both our staff and external clients. Success in this position requires solid technical depth with Windows servers and applications, and migration procedures.
CIO Solutions is a forward thinking, innovative and growing private Managed Services Provider and Private Cloud Computing Provider. Employee development is fostered and supported in a continuous learning environment.
• Design, install, and support Microsoft Windows server technologies (Server 2008 R2/2012), related server applications, and virtualization technologies
• Configure network equipment (switch, firewall, routers)
• Perform system and network migrations, owning all aspects of data and application migrations for 10-250 user networks.
• Organize and execute server, application and data migration projects, ranging from 2 days – 8 weeks
• Interact with team members and clients regularly on technology design and planning, project scopes, CIO Solutions accepted practices, and issue resolution
• Deep level of knowledge on one or more specialized technologies, such as messaging, databases, VDI, virtualization, etc.
• Work remotely (40% from our office) and onsite (60% at our local client locations)
• Typical Week: 70% server/network projects, 20% design, support escalations and root cause, 5% training and 5% admin/meetings
• Bachelor’s Degree , business related field preferred, or equivalent experience
• 8+ years supporting current windows desktop technologies and client/server applications in a windows based network environment. Specifics include:
o Microsoft Windows Server, Exchange Server 2007/2010/2013 (or other enterprise mail systems)
o Active Directory, Group Policy
o Solid understanding of TCP/IP network fundamentals and related equipment (switches, routers, etc.)
o Virtualization experience required (VMWare preferred)
o All current Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems (XP/7/8)
o Experience with VDI technologies required (XenApp/RDS or other virtual desktop infrastructure)
• Valid driver’s license and insurance with reliable transportation. This position will require frequent local travel.
• Flexibility to accommodate after-hours and weekend client and team member needs
What’s In It for You?
• Competitive salary plus performance bonus opportunities
• 401K with a company match
• Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
• Paid vacations and holidays
• Mileage reimbursement
• Super cool technology –never a dull technology day
• CIO Solutions has a strong culture and exceptional core values
We are looking to hire for both our Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo offices.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com