Legacy TSM Setup
Admin – TSM Setup: WorkSpace Setup for PC
Welcome to TSM WorkSpace. To access your WorkSpace environment simply follow the steps below.
- Has all prerequisites by default.
- Updated Printer Drivers.
TSM WorkSpace file
- Important: To download, right click on the link above and choose “Save As”
- If the file displays as anything other than “Remote Desktop Shortcut” or “Remote Desktop File”, select “All File Types” and add “.rdp” to the end of the file name before saving
- Save the file to your desktop
- A support ticket e-mail response will be created and a technician will contact you shortly.
Admin – TSM Setup: WorkSpace Setup for Mac
Microsoft Remote Desktop is a free app from the App Store that will allow Mac OS 10.7 and above devices to connect to TSM WorkSpace using our enterprise Terminal Services (TS) Gateway.
After installing the app open it and select ‘New’ on the Connection Center screen. In the Edit Remote Desktops window, enter information for the remote desktop connection:
- Connection Name: The name to identify this connection, we recommend using “TSM Workspace” (without quotes).
- PC Name: gjg
Select the option to add a new gateway, type the below information when it asks.
- Gateway name: The display name that will show up when selecting the gateway, you can use “TSM Gateway” (without quotes) if you like.
- Server: mail.tsmworkspace.com
- User name: You can leave this blank, which will use the connection credentials.
- Password: Leave blank to use the connection credentials.
- Click “+” or Save to add the gateway which should bring you back to the connection settings.
Under credentials you need to enter the following information:
- Username: tsmworkspace\firstnamelastname (firstnamelastname will be your username)
- Password: the default password provided by CIO Solutions staff (You can leave all other information at the defaults and save the Remote Desktop connection.
Return to the main screen and double-click the new connection you just created and this will begin the connection to TSM Workspace. If you see any certificate errors you can select the option to continue through them and not warn you again if it gives you the option, you will then be logged you’re your TSM Workspace desktop.
If you have any issues or questions regarding this process, please reach out so we can get you up and running!
Admin – TSM Setup: WorkSpace Setup for Android Devices
Microsoft Remote Desktop is an app available in the Google Play Store that will allow Android tablets and smartphones to connect to TSM Workspace using our enterprise Terminal Services (TS) Gateway.
1. Download and install this app on your device (compatible with MOST Android Tablets/Smartphones).
2. Install and launch the app and navigate through any introduction screens until you land on a blank list with a “+” symbol on the bottom. Select that icon to bring up the following Remote Desktop Configuration screen:
3. Enter the connection name GJG Workspace and the PC name should be gjg. Select the Gateway option.
4. After the information is entered for the Gateway, select the checkmark in the top right corner to bring you back to the Remote Desktop configuration screen where you will enter your credentials:
- User Name: tsmworkspace\johnsmith (your firstnamelastname)
- Password: As provided by CIO Solutions staff
If you need any assistance, please reach out and we will be happy to get you up and running.
Android ActiveSync Email Setup
Please note, this guide was setup using a Samsung Galaxy S7 running Android version 7.0, some devices may look different or may have different options, please give us a call at 1.888.662.9086 if you run into any problems.
1. To add your Exchange to your Android device, tap Settings, then Accounts, then Add Account, then tap Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
2. Enter your email address and password, then select Manual setup
3. On the next screen, verify the following information is correct:
- Email Address: email@example.com i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Domain\username: tsmworkspace\johnsmith (make sure to use the correct \ when entering this information)
- Domain: tsmworkspace
- Username: name i.e. johnsmith (first name then last name, without Caps, dots or spaces) note, this is not a generic account name but your actual name used to check email
- Password: your password (This is your TSMWorkspace password used to log into your desktop or e-mail)
- Exchange server: mail.tsmworkspace.com
- Make sure use secure connection(SSL) is checked
- Once all settings have been verified select Next
- If you get a prompt for remote security administration, tap OK
You’re done! Yay! If you are still having issues don’t forget that you can call us at 1.888.662.9086 or email email@example.com to submit a trouble ticket.
Admin – TSM Setup: WorkSpace Setup iPad / iPhone
- PC name: For TSM Workspace you will enter the following: gjg
- User name/Password: What you were provided by the CIO Solutions staff, usually in the firstnamelastname format preceded by tsmworkspace\ with the default password provided. It should appear as follows:
- Friendly name (Optional) : You can name this TSM Workspace if you like
- Gateway: Select this and add then the option for Add Remote Desktop Gateway. For the Server Name type the following: mail.tsmworkspace.com
- For User Name select the option for Use connection credentials and select the ones you typed in the Connection window, then click Save in the top right corner
- Save the Connection, it should return you to the Microsoft Remote Desktop main screen
- Select the desktop you just created, will be named whatever you entered in the Friendly Name portion
- Toggle “Don’t ask me again for connection to this computer.” To the on position (green), Select Accept – Note, you may get this prompt more than once. This is normal.
iPhone and iPad ActiveSync Email Setup
Please note, this guide was created using iOS version 10.3.3, some options may vary depending on the version of iOS you are currently using on your device. Follow the steps below to complete the setup and do not hesitate to contact us at 1.888.662.9086 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to create a trouble ticket if you run into any problems.
1. To add your Exchange to your iOS device, tap Settings, then tap Mail, then tap Add Account, then select the option for Exchange.
2. On the next screen, you will be prompted to enter you Email address and a description of your account. Tap Next when completed.
Email: email@example.com i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Next, you will be prompted to enter your password.
4. This is the same password you use to sign into your TSM Workspace account. Tap Next when finished.
5. Next, you will need to verify the following information, be sure to enter anything that is missing:
Email: email@example.com i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org Domain: tsmworkspace
Username: Your name i.e. johnsmith (first name then last name, without Caps, dots or spaces) note, this is not a generic account name but your actual name used to check email
Password: Your password (This is your TSMWorkspace password used to log into your desktop or e-mail)
Click Next once you have verified all the information is entered correctly.
Admin – TSM Setup: WorkSpace Troubleshooting
Cannot connect to TSM Workspace.
- Please verify that you have a working internet connection
- Verify that you meet the above requirements
- Verify that you have the “tsmworkspace\” prefixing your username
Printer does not show up
- Verify that the printer you want to print to in TSM Workspace is set to your default printer outside of TSM Workspace
- Verify that your printer drivers are up to date.
TSM WorkSpace Will Not Accept My New Password
Your password must meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 8 charaters long
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lowercase characters (a through z)
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9)
- Non-alphabetic characters (for example, !, $, #, %)